Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fredrik Ödman

Fredrik Ödman's website doesn't say anything about him and at first it honestly didn't intrigue me but when I actually took the time to look through his work I began to like him more. I couldn't find the images online but there are some shots of rotting bananas under "Bent Stories" on his website that I thought Bridget would like. http://www.fredrikodman.com/


This is my favorite image by him but I'm not really sure why. Blue and yellow have always been one of my favorite color combinations since I was little so I guess that has something to do with it. The blue is repeated throughout the entire image through the toning of the image. The added texture also adds a really nice effect. The way the image fades out at the bottom adds even more mystery to the image as well.


This is another one of my favorite images of his from the series "Pinocchio Dance". The way the figure is balanced on top of the other gives me this nervous feeling, like she's going to fall over any minute. The way the strings move your eye around the top of the figure and lead you through her foot, down her leg and to the bottom figure is just beautiful.


This is another image from "Pinocchio Dance". The slight severance of body parts in this image is amazing. The fact that the foot is placed higher up on the leg than it should be creates this strange effect. The image flows nicely from the tip of the figure's right hand all the way to his other hand and then on to the severed hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment