Monday, November 8, 2010

Alexei Vassiliev

I found Vassiliev on 500 photographers but later realized we looked at him in craft class when we were using blur. I was thinking about doing something with color and blur for my digital editing project so I chose to do this blog on him. Alexei Vassiliev


This is my favorite image of his. I think I'm just really drawn to how vibrant the yellow background is. I love the colors he uses in his photography and I really hope to achieve this same effect in my editing project. Vassiliev managed to capture just the right amount of the figure, leaving a beautiful triangle at the bottom right corner. Using blur, Vassiliev forces the image to become more graphic than photographic.


Once again, I love his use of color! The blue is so intense it just draws your eye right in! I love that, in this image, the blur made it so that some of the blue is visible through the figure; causing the figure to have a blue tint as well. The fluid blue of the face which is higher up leads your eye away from the figure and back into the background.


I'm thinking of doing something similar to this one with my editing project except I want the clothing and the background to be complementary colors and I want to de-focus the camera rather than use motion blur. I love that no matter where your eye goes on the page it is always lead back to the figure. I believe this is because its clothing is a slightly darker hue than the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment