Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tom Hussey

I found this photographer using stumble upon. I was hoping to find something that relates to the work I'm doing now with my final project and I believe the concept behind these images come the closest. The images depict elderly people looking into a mirror and seeing their youth instead of their reality. I really love this concept (although it made me even more scared to grow old). Tom Hussey's Blog


This first image depicts an elderly man staring into his bathroom mirror and smiling at his younger self in an army uniform. It's interesting how the colors of the younger man are more muted, making it look sort of like one of those old army photos. The bathroom itself is plain black and white for the most part which brings more attention to the two figures.


This next image depicts another elderly man staring at his younger firefighter self. It's interesting how everyone's eyes lead to the man in the mirror while that man looks back towards the elderly man. This draws the viewers eyes towards the mirror and then back and forth between the two men.


This last image depicts a woman sitting next to a mirror with a reflection of her younger self. I do not like the placement of the mirror (just because I feel like no one would put a mirror there in real life, but that's just me). Other than that, I love how consistent the photographer was with the lighting. both the figure and the reflection have the same lighting. Also the patterns from the window in the reflection are exactly where I would expect the pattern to be on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment