Monday, October 11, 2010

Erik Reis

I have to admit, I picked this photographer only because we have the same name (we even have the same middle initial)! Honestly, I found his site, Erik Reis, one day when I was googling myself (everyone does it so don't judge!). I don't particularly like most of his work but he does have some pretty decent stuff.


This is my least favorite image out of the three I have chosen so I chose to show it first. When I look for his work on google images (his site doesn't let you take the images) this was the image that came up the most. I don't know why exactly because he has better but whatever. I'm not saying it's bad because there are some redeeming qualities such as the repeating triangles (the road in the background and the negative space in-between the legs) and the overall tonal range of the image. I'm not sure exactly why I'm not fond of this image I just don't particularly like it.


The site that I found this image on cropped it for but I kind of like this cropping better. I love the contrast of this image (I normally don't really like high contrast). There is still so much detail in the darkness of the image. It gives a sense of being trapped or hope for "escape". The horizontal lines have a very organic feel as they mold to the form of his face.


This is my favorite image (that i've found) from this photographer. The elongated light pattern is at just the right angle in the image. The repetition bounces your eye between the window and the light pattern. The figure adds a feeling of loneliness to this image while also adding a trapped feeling resembling the previous image.

No comments:

Post a Comment