Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ParkeHarrison

So I wanted to do this blog on Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison's "Architect's Brother" after seeing it in person this weekend but then I realized that it's not exactly color photography and this is a color class. So instead I'm going to focus on "Gray Dawn" and "Counterpoint".

This isn't one of their photographs but instead an image of one of the sculptures used in their photographs. I don't know too much about their process with "Counterpoint" and "Gray Dawn" but I know that in "Architect's Brother" they would use sculpture that they created themselves in the photographs.






I think what draws me to the ParkeHarrisons the most is their use of nature based symbolism along with the fact that they create their own sculptures and (in "Architect's Brother") paint on the images. Their use of color is nice too, whether it's muted, punctuated or completely saturated.

No comments:

Post a Comment