Monday, February 21, 2011

From Here To There: Alec Soth's America

Alec Soth decided to give out 4 assignments to all of his followers on Flickr and I thought these were the most successful from each assignment:

Assignment #1:


I felt this was the most successful because the artist creatively depicted the museum guard in a way not many people see them. It looks like it was shot with film as it has that beautiful color palette that comes from using color film. I felt like this one was best out of the ones depicted by far, the others seem amateur in comparison.

Assignment #2:


I wasn't sure if we were supposed to put up the whole photo story or just the one image so I just picked this one. I love this image because you can just tell it's right in the middle of a conversation, maybe they were talking about cigarettes. Also, the blue of her jacket matches and accentuates the blue of her eyes.

Assignment #3:


I'm not too sure who's the photographer and who's the person taking a picture of the photographer but i think the image on the right was taken by the photographer. It's such an odd image where you can't even see the person who's taking the picture from what I'm guessing is the flash. Also, the little girl on the left is sort of just floating in space, same goes for the clock above.

Assignment #4:


So this was the only picture depicted for this assignment…but whatever. I love the quote! I think it's hilarious! Only problem I have is I don't feel like she's trying to avoid the camera I feel like the photographer just shot her as she happened to be walking away.

No comments:

Post a Comment